I can’t wait to see:
- What kind of music you will fall in love with.
- What instrument you will play
- What hand you will throw ball with as we play together
- What your favorite color will be
- What songs you will love
- What Bible stories you like to tell
- What Bible stories will you like us to tell you
- Who your best friend will be
- What your spiritual gifts will be
- What your favorite books to read will be
- What your singing voice will sound like
- What will make you giggle uncontrollably
- What silly jokes will you tell your grandparents
- What year Ford Mustang will be your favorite (it’s a family thing)
- What your heart becomes when God's grace consumes it.
- What you will name your first dog
- What stories of your mom and dad will you like best
- What your favorite movie will be
- Who your first “crush” will be
- What passions will drive your life to achieve excellence
- What mission work and mission field will touch your heart the deepest
I have prayed for Everett for months before he was born, and I pray for him daily now. I believe God will use him mightily to serve the Kingdom of God. You are all invited to join me in those prayers, but I want to challenge you regarding prayers for your family.
A friend of mine on the phone the other day was congratulating me on my first grandchild and reminded me that I had numerous spiritual grandchildren. I realized at that moment, I should pray for, hope in and long for my spiritual children and grandchildren to be strong in their faith. Do you think about your spiritual children often? Do you pray for your spiritual children to continue to lead others to Christ, so you have spiritual grandchildren? As Christ-followers and ministers, our spiritual family are the most important family we have. The heritage of our spiritual children can change the world. I realized I can pray ahead of time for my grandchildren. Are you praying for spiritual children and grandchildren? Let's all pray with faith and work with diligently to raise a strong family of sincere and passionate Christ-followers. What are you looking forward to learning about your spiritual grandchildren?